- I was about to go eat at Fat Cats, one of my favorite restaurants, to celebrate my birthday, and some fun presents had recently arrived in the mail.
- My vendor ID registration for Peryton Publishing went through quickly and easily. There was no reason it shouldn't have, but it was still a relief.
- The distributor I've been talking to presented me with a contract that covers everything I wanted it to cover and I'm getting every indication that the rep will be a great guy to be in business with.
- It looks like our fiction anthologies might be marketable through the same channels. The distributor offered a way to try this out that makes good sense and doesn't involve me gambling a bunch of money.
- I found a way to make an attractive map for my updated Qalidar with old software, replacing the disappointing piece of crap (Dundjinni) that I bought awhile back, and not requiring me to do it by hand, which just would not have been good for anybody. Finishing this map means the book is ready to send off for a draft printing now.
- Halloween, one of my favorite holidays, was coming up, and it was on a Friday night, and Tom was off work.
Monday, November 03, 2008
About That 'Yaay' Post
The details I promised: